Thursday, June 30, 2011

Vacation, day 5.

Vacation highlights to date:

1)      Receiving an email from a good friend in Canada who recommended that I check out the band Listener; then showing that email to our friend Dan, who IS Listener, and watching him humbly and awkwardly process that praise before taking the stage.

2)      Making burgers for friends last night which, in spite of the lack of buns and abundance of bread, still tasted quite gourmet.  We all wiped our mouths with last year’s ‘Happy Birthday!’ napkins when we were through because, even on vacation, I can still be practical.

3)      Staying dry so far, in spite of the fact that our tent – which had ‘never been opened’ – is actually missing the rain fly.  (I know, Momma, you told me to do a trial run and set it up.  I didn’t listen.  You were right; I was wrong.)

4)      Seeing Brian be in such a happy place.  Period.  This is good for both our souls.

In a couple hours I’ll be doing some haircuts for the gourmet burger friends.  Yes, I brought my scissors.  And I know I’m on vacation, but you see this is good for me.  Because once I fix them up, I’ll be much less distracted by hair when they’re on stage tonight.  My motives are fifty percent generous, fifty percent selfish.  Photoside Café is such a rare and talented band that I insist on as few distractions as possible.

3 comments:

  1. LOL, you weren't wrong, you were just too busy. :)

    Glad to hear you are having an awesome time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I expect some before-and-after photos of band hair. Do not disappoint me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! I love you Sue! I'm very much enjoying your blog.

    ReplyDelete